Taber Abrasion Resistance Tester adopts LCD display and stepless speed regulation. It is suitable for abrasion test of leather, fabric, paint, paper, floor tile, plywood, glass, plastic floor, natural rubber, etc. The method is to cut the sample with a standard cutter , use the specified type of sandpaper, and load it with a certain weight to wear it. After reaching the specified number of revolutions, take out the test piece and observe the condition of the test piece.
1. According to the relevant test standards of the customer, the grinding wheel (wear wheel) required for the material of the test piece should be equipped before the test. (Note: The customer prepares several pieces of fine sandpaper for grinding wheel calibration).
2. After cutting out the standard test piece (outer diameter 108mm, inner diameter 8mm, thickness 3mm), stick one side of double-sided tape on the back of the test piece, after removing the sticker on the other side, weigh the test piece and record it below the decimal point four.
3. Confirm that the power supply voltage is AC220V, 50HZ.
4. Raise the test lever arm, then start the power supply and run it first, check whether the machine is running normally, then lift up the test arm and the vacuum arm, and remove the test piece fixing nut and "gasket (ring)", Loosen the fixing ring fixing screw with a wrench and pick up the fixing ring.
5. Cut the prepared fine sandpaper into a model of the test piece, place the center hole on the screw, put the gasket on, fix the nut with the test piece, and fix the fine sandpaper on the disc.
6. Put the fixing ring on, flatten the sandpaper, and tighten the fixing ring and fixing nut with a wrench.
7. Select the grinding wheel according to the test standard and loosen and remove the grinding wheel fixing nut. After installing the grinding wheel, tighten and fix it.
8. According to the test standard, place the required weight on the counterweight (the weight placed on this testing machine is 750g).
9. Set the number of test revolutions to 50 times (the number of test revolutions can be set by yourself according to different needs of the test), put down the test arm and the cleaning arm, turn on the power switch and the switch of the vacuum cleaner, adjust the air volume, and turn on the motor switch to start. operate.
10. After grinding the sandpaper for 50 times, turn off the power, take out the sandpaper according to the opposite steps of 4, 5, 6, and 7, and place the test piece according to the steps of 4, 5, 6, and 7.
11. Set the number of test revolutions to 1000 times, use a plastic tape to stick the sand layer on the grinding wheel, check whether the double-sided tape of the test piece is smooth and stick the test piece to the test disc, and then repeat the step 10.
12. When the set number of tests is reached, it will automatically stop working.
13. After the machine is stopped, use a small brush to remove the sand layer on the leather surface, remove the test piece together with the double-sided tape and weigh it with a precision scale, record it to four digits below the decimal point, and calculate the test value according to the formula.
If you would like to know more about the Taber Abrasion Resistance Tester offer, please drop us a message!