The leather abrasion tester is the most widely used testing instrument for product durability testing in various countries in the world. It is suitable for testing the abrasion resistance of products such as plastics, paper, coatings, textiles, leather and flooring.
The leather abrasion resistance tester is mainly used for the physical testing of leather. Since the leather will cause friction and bending during the trial process, leather manufacturers need to control the friction performance of the leather to prolong the service life. The abrasion resistance of the leather The tester mainly uses different types of friction wheels to rotate on the sample to test the wear resistance of leather and plastic materials by means of rotary grinding.
Leather Abrasion Tester Test Steps:
1. Soak half of the wear-resistant samples and half of the wool felt until the color of both sides of the sample is obviously darkened.
2. Place the specimen in each grip ring with the test side facing out.
3. If the mass of the test sample reaches 500g/m2, test method A or B can be used to place foam in each sample holder to fill the test space of the sample.
4. Clamp the sample to prevent the test sample from sagging, wrinkling and distortion.
5. Place a piece of dry wool felt on half of the wear sample
6. Place the dry abrasion test specimen on the wool felt with the test side facing up.
7. Place the weight on the sample, smooth out the wrinkles and remove the weight
8. On another specimen, repeat step 6.7
9. If necessary, immediately repeat steps 6.5 to 6.8, using wet wear-resistant samples and wet wool felt.
10. Place the test sample correctly in the test fixture to ensure that the leather abrasion tester test can run normally
11. Load the strength on each test head of the leather abrasion resistance tester to ensure that the test sample and wear-resistant sample are loaded according to the required force value.
Precautions for Leather Abrasion Tester
Try not to use the leather abrasion tester in the following situations:
1. In the place of vibration and swing.
2. A place exposed to direct sunlight.
3. Places with high temperature, dust and humidity.
4. The AC power supplied to the Leather Abrasion Tester should be well grounded to ensure safe use.
5. It is strictly forbidden to use strong solvents (such as: benzene, nitro oil) to clean the machine.
6. Water and sundries must not be injected into the leather abrasion tester to prevent damage to electrical components and electric shock.
7. The disassembly and adjustment of the display of the leather abrasion resistance tester can only be carried out by the unit approved by the National Metrology Department and our company, and other people are not allowed to dismantle and repair without authorization.
The Leather Abrasion Tester selects standard applicable weight sets to test material properties. Detect weight loss on the outer surface of the sample, such as obvious mechanical damage. This article focuses on the analysis of the test method steps of the leather abrasion tester.