The wear resistance of leather is the wear resistance characteristic of leather. Abrasion of leather is an important cause of leather damage. Although the abrasion fastness of leather has not yet been assessed as a national standard, the abrasion resistance test of leather is still indispensable to measure its quality, and it is of great significance for evaluating the wearing fastness of leather.
There are two methods for judging the leather wear resistance index, namely the end point method and the appearance change method.
1.1 End point method: The number of rotations required to remove 1 mm of leather is the thickness index of wear resistance, and the number of friction rotations is recorded as the wear resistance index.
1.2 Appearance change method: After the test sample has been rubbed for a certain number of times, observe its appearance changes, such as color change, degree of wear and other appearance changes as wear resistance indicators.
(1) Reference standard: "GB/T 21196-2007 Determination of Abrasion Resistance of Martindale Fabrics".
(2) Test instruments: There are many types of fabric flat grinders. At present, the Martin denier is the most used in the testing industry, so the flat grind method is often called the MARTINDALE friction tester method.
(3) Test principle: The circular sample installed in the sample holder of the Martindale abrasion tester is subjected to the planar motion of the Lissajous figure and the abrasive (that is, the standard fabric) under the specified load. friction, the specimen holder is free to rotate about its axis perpendicular to the horizontal plane. The abrasion resistance of the leather is determined according to the total number of frictions in which the sample is damaged.
(4) Test method: During the test, a test sample of a certain size is brought into contact with the standard abrasive under a specified pressure, and the sample is moved relative to the abrasive in a Lissajous trajectory, so that the test sample is subjected to uniform wear in multiple directions.
(1) Reference standard: "GB/T 2726-2005 Determination of Abrasion Resistance of Leather Physical and Mechanical Tests".
(2) Test equipment: TABER abrasion resistance tester
(3) Test principle: pre-grind for 25 revolutions, place the tested sample on the horizontal platform of the TABER abrasion tester and rotate, and two grinding wheels are given a specific pressure to press on the test piece as an option. The axis of the grinding wheel is in line with the horizontal plane. In parallel, with one grinding wheel facing outward and the other inward, all changes in the test piece are recorded over a certain period of time.
(4) Test method: Use a cutter to cut a sample with an outer diameter of 108mm and an inner diameter of 8mm. Then stick a hard sticker of the same size on the back of the sample. Place the center hole of the sample on the rubber pad of the screw, cover the gasket, and fix the sample with a compression nut. Then put the fixing ring on, and tighten the fixing ring screw with a wrench. Install two H18 grinding wheels on the support arm, each grinding wheel applies a force of 250±10g to the test sample, make sure that the side with the label is facing outward, make the grinding wheel load 500g, connect the vacuum cleaner, and vacuum the vacuum cleaner. Connect the hose to the connector on the left side of the machine and start the vacuum cleaner. Set the number of tests according to the standard, and set the rotation speed to 72 rpm. Then start the start button, start the instrument with a rotation speed of 60±5 times/min, rotate it horizontally, and perform the test according to the required number of times. During the test, use a brush to remove the attachments on the surface of the sample, observe the wear condition of the test, grind the leather to the specified end point, and record the final number of revolutions.
The comparison of test results obtained by testing different materials using the same experimental method is of little significance, but the conclusions drawn from these results are consistent. Therefore, either method can independently quantify the wear resistance of materials. In general, the material of natural leather is softer and therefore less resistant to abrasion. Coated leather has a harder texture and is not easy to wear, so it has better wear resistance.
The information about the wear resistance test of leather is the above. Friends who have purchased Taber Abrasion Resistance Tester, please leave a message!