An ink abrasion resistance tester or ink rubbing tester is a device designed to test the abrasion or rubbing resistance of printed ink. This type of equipment mainly enables us to understand how the image or text that has been printed through is altered by rubbing, for example, whether the colour fades, whether the image or text blurs etc.
An ink abrasion resistance tester usually consists of the following main components:
1. test bench: this is a flat surface that supports the test specimen.
2. movement mechanism: the required load is applied through the movement mechanism and simulates the friction in the actual use scenario.
3. Test Head: The test head transfers the load to the test sample and records the test data.
4. control device: the control device can precisely control the test load, speed and test time.
The working principle is similar to that of other wear-resistant testers, i.e., by applying positive pressure and lateral force, the sandpaper or other abrasive material on the test head rubs against the test sample, thus simulating the wear process in reality.
Specifically, the measurement process is roughly as follows:
1. place the test specimen on the test bench, tighten the specimen, and adjust the required load and other parameters appropriately.
2. The test apparatus is switched on and the test programme is started. After the load and speed are preset by the control device, the test head starts to move.
3. the test head rubs against the sample surface and the test data is recorded.
4. at the end of the test procedure, remove the test sample and the test head, and analyse the test results.
The ink abrasion resistance tester is mainly used for the evaluation of the surface abrasion resistance of ink and paint. This tester can be widely used in paint production, printing, plastics and other industries to help develop better products or materials and improve product quality and sustainability.
It should be noted that different sample materials, hardness, thickness, etc. will have an effect on the test results, so be sure to read the operating instructions carefully and follow the standard procedures strictly when using the ink abrasion resistance tester.
A good ink abrasion resistance tester should be able to provide stable and consistent test conditions, ensuring repeatable test results. In addition, it should be user-friendly and easy to operate and maintain. Here I recommend to buy QINSUN instrument, which is stable in operation and easy to maintain.