The Taber Linear Abraser Model 5750 is a commonly used abrasion testing instrument used to evaluate the abrasion resistance of materials. The test standards for this instrument include the following:
1. ASTM D3884: This standard is issued by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and is called the "Standard Guide for Abrasion Resistance of Textile Fabrics". It is used to measure the abrasion resistance of textile fabrics under external friction.
2. ASTM D4060: This standard is also issued by ASTM and is called "Standard Test Method for Abrasion Resistance of Organic Coatings by the Taber Abraser" (Standard Test Method for Abrasion Resistance of Organic Coatings by the Taber Abraser). It is mainly used to evaluate the wear resistance of organic coatings (such as paints, coatings, coatings, etc.) under the action of mechanical wiping.
3. ISO 5470-1: This is a standard issued by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), called "Test methods for rubber- or plastics-coated fabrics -- Determination of resistance to damage by flexing" (glued fabrics or plastics-coated fabrics) Determination method of flexural resistance). It is used to determine the abrasion resistance of glued fabrics or plastic-coated fabrics under flexure.
In addition to the several commonly used test standards mentioned above, Taber Linear Abraser Model 5750 is also suitable for some other test standards, including but not limited to the following:
1. ISO 7784-2: This standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is called "Paints and Varnishes -- Determination of resistance to abrasion -- Part 2: Rotating abrasive rubber wheel method". Determination method - Part 2: Rotating worn rubber wheel method). It is suitable for measuring the abrasion resistance of paints and varnishes under the action of a rotating wear rubber wheel.
2. DIN 53754: This German standard is called "Testing of plastics; determination of abrasion, wear and polishing characteristics". It is used to evaluate the performance characteristics of plastic materials when subjected to wear, abrasion and polishing.
3. JIS K 7204: This Japanese Industrial Standard is called "Testing methods for (industrial) surface-treated films for general purposes". It is used to evaluate the wear resistance of surface treatment films under external friction.
These standards can be used to select appropriate standards for testing and evaluation based on different material types, industrial fields and regional requirements. When using Taber Linear Abraser Model 5750 for wear resistance testing, it is recommended to refer to the applicable testing standards and operate in accordance with the testing conditions and procedures specified in the standards.