A number of problems can occur when using the SINGLE YARN STRENGTH TESTER. The following are five problems that each person may encounter when using it and the corresponding solutions are provided.
1. Uneven distribution: When testing the strength of a single yarn, it is common to encounter uneven distribution, resulting in inaccurate test results.
Solution: Prior to testing, the examination of single yarns should be reinforced to ensure that each sample has a similar fibre structure and density. When performing the test, ensure that the sample is evenly and consistently positioned in the test block to avoid bias in the test results.
2. Non-reproducibility: Sometimes, multiple tests on the same sample give different results, either due to the instrument or the sample.
Solution: Before each test, the equipment should be carefully cleaned to ensure it is in good condition. In addition, the same test conditions and environment should be used and a constant laboratory temperature and humidity should be maintained. Repeat the test several times to obtain an average from it to improve the accuracy and repeatability of the data.
3. Under-absorption: In some cases, under-absorption of single yarn strength meter test specimens is often found, resulting in inaccurate test results.
Solution: A coating agent is an effective way to address under-absorption. This coating prevents friction and slippage between the sample surface and the instrument surface, thus improving test accuracy.
4. Incorrect set-up: Many problems can arise from the user having difficulty in setting up and adjusting the machine.
Solution: Before using the SINGLE YARN STRENGTH TESTER, you should learn and understand the correct way to use it. Firstly, read the product manual and follow the instructions for installation and adjustment to ensure that the performance and accuracy of the machine is fully utilised.
5. Other Interference Factors: Certain sources of interference may occur during the test, such as electromagnetic fields and vibrations, and these may result in inaccurate test data.
Solution: Place the Single Yarn Strength Tester in a dry and stable environment, remove any sources of interference during the test and control the laboratory environment and conditions to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the test data.
For more information about SINGLE YARN STRENGTH TESTER, please visit QINSUN Instruments.