Zip tension testing is the process of testing the strength and durability of a zip. The following is the method of zip tension testing.
1. Prepare the test apparatus and the zip sample by clamping both ends of the zip to the test fixture, noting that the specifications of the fixture and clamping force should be suitable for the size and shape of the zip.
2. Leave the ends of the zip in the head section, leaving the zip in a fully open position.
3. Start the test by slowly moving the test jig up and down and tightening the zip. During the test, care should be taken to ensure that the central part of the zip is tightly and seamlessly attached to the jig.
4. At the moment of breakthrough force, the test apparatus will automatically record the value of the breakthrough force and use this to calculate the strength of the zip.
5. The test method is slightly different for horizontal and straight zips. When testing straight zips, bending and winding should be avoided as far as possible; when testing horizontal zips, attention should be paid to the position of the guide, avoiding contact with the hook of the zip, etc.
The following equipment is commonly used for zip tension testing.
This is one of the most commonly used machines for zip tension testing. During the test, the zip sample is clamped to the test machine's fixture and the machine records the force applied during tensioning of the zip in real time, which is used to calculate the maximum strength and elongation of the zip.
2. Universal testing machine
It can be used for testing the mechanical properties of various materials, such as tensile, extrusion and bending, and is suitable for testing the strength of various zips and other mechanical properties.
3. Tension Gauge
A small portable device that can be used to quickly measure the tensile strength or other mechanical properties of zips and is suitable for field testing and sampling. However, the accuracy of the instrument is relatively low as it is susceptible to factors such as the operator's knowledge and personal experience.
4. Digital Multimeter
It can be used to test the electrical properties of zips such as resistance, voltage and current. In zip design, voltage and resistance tests can be used to test electrical properties such as braking and electromagnetic interference.
It is important to note that the results of zip strength testing can be influenced by a variety of constraints such as zip shape, fixture specifications, ambient humidity, etc. Therefore, it is important to understand the test procedure. Therefore, it is important to understand the characteristics of the sample and to take the test into account during the test.