The salt spray test (or salt fog test) is a standardized and popular corrosion test method, used to check the corrosion resistance of materials and surface Usually, the materials to be tested are metallic (although stone, ceramics, and polymers may also be tested) and finished with a surface Usually, the materials to be tested are metallic (although stone, ceramics, and polymers may also be tested) and finished with a surface coating which is intended to provide a degree of corrosion protection to the underlying metal.
1. Place the equipment smoothly in a clean and tidy room with no direct sunlight and a certain distance between the air compressor and the equipment, preferably in separate rooms;
2. Open the lid of the box, set aside the funnel frame, the silicone tube on the fog collector and the corresponding funnel are connected, so that in the test process, without opening the lid of the box can be read out from the outside of the fog collector on the amount of salt spray deposition in the box;
3. Connect the equipment and air compressor power supply;
4. Install the spray system, sample rack, and place the sample on the sample rack;
5. Add soft tap water into the sealed tank around the upper part of the box, it should not be too full, and it will not overflow when the lid is closed, and cover the box;
6. Add distilled water or deionized water into the water tank, turn on the power switch and the saturator will automatically add water, the water will automatically stop after the water is added;
7. The prepared salt solution (according to 5% concentration) into the brine box on the right side of the box;
8. The salt spray discharged from the fog discharge pipe at the back of the box has strong corrosion on indoor equipment, allowing users to extend the fog discharge pipe, so that the salt spray is discharged outdoors or sewer, but the fog discharge pipe can not be blocked, so as not to affect the discharge of salt spray, and easy to cause the increasing pressure of the studio, so that the box cover is topped by airflow salt spray overflow and affect the whole test;
9. Turn on the power switch, the box low water level, the instrument alarm, the bottom of the studio will be added to the pure water tank of soft tap water (about 20 minutes), add good will automatically stop replenishing water, press the display of the fault elimination no longer show the fault prevails;
10. Set the test temperature and humidity and saturator temperature value according to the standard, set the program when doing the program, press run, the equipment began to run according to the settings or procedures; (instrumentation and procedures specific operation methods are attached)
11. Connect the air outlet of the compressor with the first stage of the equipment regulator, and turn on the power supply of the compressor to inflate;
12. Adjustment of air pressure.
①Inlet pressure is manually adjusted by the first-stage regulator, generally controlled between 0.3 - 0.4mPa;
②The spray pressure is adjusted by the pressure reducing valve to between 0.07--0.17mPa;
QINSUN instrument provides the salt spray test chamber specifications in line with international standards, quality assurance, welcome friends with demand message to get the latest salt spray test chamber price information!