The UV Accelerated Weathering Tester uses a fluorescent UV lamp as the light source to conduct accelerated weathering tests on materials by simulating UV radiation and condensation in natural sunlight to obtain the results of material weather resistance, which can simulate UV, rain, High temperature, high humidity, condensation, darkness and other environmental conditions. When we use the UV aging test box, we may encounter various problems. Today, the editor of Ouke will popularize some of the more common problems in the UV aging test box.
1. UV water tank rust wear: The water tank of the UV aging test box is used to hold water for heating, simulating a condensation environment in nature at night. Because the water tank is made of stainless steel, when using the equipment, if the user does not add deionized water according to the regulations to test, but add tap water. In this way, after the equipment has been used for about 3 years, the water tank will be corroded by the substances formed by the heating of the water quality and water quality, causing the water tank to rust until the water tank is rusted through.
2. The UV lamp does not light up: I know that when the UV lamp is in use, sometimes the lamp does not light up, and sometimes it lights up. This is because fluorescent UV Accelerated Weathering Testers generally use electronic ballasts, and the wiring method of electronic ballasts is jack type. Therefore, in some cases, the details of the production process are not handled very well, which leads to the hidden danger of unreliable connection between the lamp angle line and the electronic ballast. Of course, intermittent disconnection will occur in future use. touch.
3. The failure rate of the instrument is high: the meters of the ultraviolet accelerated aging test chamber are all installed on the equipment, so there is a problem: when the equipment is heating (sometimes a test will be done for days or even weeks, the laboratory The temperature can reach 60 ℃) and some laboratories do not install air conditioners, and the hot air is rising, so the instrument will suffer from high temperature for a long time. In this high temperature environment, the instrument is prone to failure.
In addition to the above points, the UV aging test box also has problems such as the blackening of the two ends of the UV lamp tube and the heating tube of the water tank. The functions of the UV aging test box mainly include UV irradiation, spraying, and condensation. The light temperature is 50 ℃ ~+75℃, condensing temperature is 40℃~+60℃.
At present, there are three main types of light aging tests: UV aging, xenon aging, and carbon arc aging.
(1) rapid UV aging (QUV), UV wavelengths are generally between 290 ~ 400nm, in the short-wave UV band can better simulate sunlight, short-wave UV usually causes aging of polymers, such as loss of light, strength decline, yellowing, cracking, embrittlement, and its lamp spectrum stability, with time changes in its spectral power distribution changes very little can improve the test performance and repeatability In addition, in addition to the simulation of outdoor humidity to do better, its condensation system (100 % RH) than the xenon lamp water spray more intense and real. Its deep penetration can cause destructive effects, such as surface blistering, cracking, corrosion, etc. of the coating
(2) xenon lamp is mainly simulated sunlight, it is generally between 400 to 800nm wavelength, in the long-wave ultraviolet band and visible light band simulation effect is better, long-wave ultraviolet and visible light will make the pigment and dye fading and color change, so the product is concerned about color change, we generally recommend the use of xenon lamp, in addition, because the xenon lamp filter is able to simulate through the glass window and other special conditions, and therefore Xenon lamps are also generally used for indoor conditions.
(3) carbon arc lamp aging, carbon arc lamp simulation accelerated aging test chamber is the first to appear, because of high maintenance costs, can not be corrected, simulation of a narrow spectral range and other shortcomings, now in addition to some Japanese companies due to a large amount of data accumulated in the early carbon arc, still in still continue to use outside, the use of fewer and fewer people. However, in recent years, some Japanese companies are also trying to switch to xenon lamp to do the test.
If the UV Accelerated Weathering Tester equipment fails and cannot be eliminated by yourself, please contact our company. If it is not used for a long time, it is necessary to carefully check the water source, power supply and various components when using it again, and then start the device after confirming that it is correct.
Note: Operators should wear protective goggles and sheaths, because ultraviolet radiation has strong hazards to personnel (especially eyes), so operators should minimize exposure to ultraviolet rays!