UV aging test chamber uses:
UV aging test chamber is suitable for a variety of materials laboratory light source exposure methods in the fluorescent UV lamp method, mainly for materials placed outdoors and changes in new materials to improve the formulation and product durability test, etc.
UV aging test chamber test conditions:
1. test sample fixed device on the test frame, facing the fluorescent lamp when the sample does not fill the sample frame, it is necessary to fill the sample frame with a blackboard to keep the inside of the test chamber closed.
2. Test temperature. Light can be used when 50, 60, 70 ℃ three kinds of temperature, the priority recommended 60 ℃; condensation stage temperature of 50 ℃, the temperature tolerance uniformity of ± 3 ℃.
3. The cycle of each condensation of light can be selected as 4H light, 4H condensation or 8H light, 4H condensation two cycles. In the sub-light 400 ~ 450H after each row of lamps need to replace a fluorescent lamp, other lamps in accordance with the lamp cycle and replacement mode to compensate for the loss caused by lamp aging. Such a mode of operation to ensure that the service life of each lamp in 1600 ~ 1800H.
4. When replacing the lamp, the water tray should be dried and cleaned to avoid the formation of scale.
Test samples and performance evaluation:
1. Appearance assessment: The main assessment of the appearance of the paint, plastic and rubber can also be assessed when necessary, the items to be checked are mainly gloss, color change, chalking, spotting, blistering, cracking and dimensional stability. Should try to use instruments for quantitative project testing, such as gloss, color difference meter.
2. Mechanical and other performance assessment: general rubber materials for tensile strength, elongation, hardness measurement, plastic measurement of impact strength, elongation at break, tensile strength, bending strength, if necessary, other performance test items can be specified.
UV aging tester test purpose:
Due to light and moisture damage to materials, resulting in billions of dollars of economic losses each year. UV aging test chamber can reproduce the damage caused by sunlight, rain and dew. UV aging tests can reproduce the effects of aging outdoors for months or years in a matter of days or weeks.
The UV aging test is performed by exposing materials to higher temperature controlled conditions in alternating cycles of UV light and moisture. Sunlight is simulated using fluorescent UV lamps, and dew and rain are simulated by condensation or spraying. Types of material aging include: discoloration, loss of light, chalking, cracking, crazing, fogging, blistering, embrittlement, strength loss and oxidation.
Usually, uv lamps can be divided into two types: UVA and UVB. The UVA-340 lamp with the UV aging tester can simulate the short-wave UV light in the sunlight extremely well, that is, from 365nm to the wavelength range of the sunlight cutoff point of 295nm. The short-wave UVB-313 lamp is more intense than the sun's UV rays that usually hit the earth's surface, thus accelerating material aging to a greater extent. UVB-313 lamps are primarily used for quality control and research and development, or for testing extremely weatherable materials.