Leather as a good performance material, while being widely used in various fields. But because of some artificial leather, synthetic leather added by a large number of flammable plasticizers, and synthetic leather products used in the basic, certain fillers are flammable, the synthetic leather products used in flame retardancy also become very important. So we need leather products burning test
instrument to test the product.
Then for some leather products flame retardant mechanism is what? We understand the polymer combustion process is roughly the polymer decomposition by heat decomposition and cracking, resulting in gaseous or volatile low-molecular combustibles, if the oxygen and temperature is appropriate, combustion will occur, and the heat released by combustion will promote the decomposition of the polymer, forming a cycle process.
The mechanism of action of leather products flame retardant：
1. The decomposition of leather products flame retardant produces heavy non-combustible gas or high boiling point liquid, which covers the surface of plastic.
2. The decomposition of leather products flame retardants promote the rapid dehydration and carbonization of the plastic surface, isolating the mutual diffusion of oxygen and combustible materials.
3. The thermal decomposition or sublimation of leather products flame retardant absorbs a large amount of heat and reduces the temperature of the plastic surface, such as aluminum hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide, etc.
4. Leather products flame retardants produce a large amount of non-combustible gas, dilute the concentration of combustible gases and oxygen.
5. Leather products flame retardants capture active free radicals and interrupt chain oxidation reactions.
Leather products commonly used flame retardants：
1. Halogen flame retardants
2. Phosphorus-based flame retardants
3. Aluminum hydroxide or aluminum oxide hydrate
4. Antimony trioxide
5. Zinc borate
6. Nitrogen-based flame retardants
7. Smoke suppressant