The Fabric ICI Mace Snagging Resistance Tester provides a quick test of the ease with which a fabric can be snagged under normal wearing conditions.
A cylinder-shaped specimen is placed on a rotating barrel and a chain-suspended nail hammer is placed on the surface of the specimen. When the cylinder is rotating at a constant speed, the hammer flips and jumps randomly on the surface of the specimen and hooks the specimen, which produces a hook on the surface. After a specified number of revolutions, the specimen is rated against a standard sample for the degree of hooking.
GB/T 11047, ASTM D3939
1. Number of working stations: 4
2. Rotor size: diameter Φ82mm (including the thickness of the outer rubber 3mm), width 210mm. 3.
3. Rotor speed: 60±2r/min
4. Total mass of nail hammer: 160±10g (including 11 nails inserted at equal intervals)
5. Needle: exposed length 10mm, tip radius: R0.13mm
6. Fixed guide bar: working width 125mm, diameter 10mm
7. power supply: AC220V 50Hz
8. External dimensions: 910mm x 360mm x 460mm
9. Weight: 46kg.